The Spell Checker on Samsung Note 8 is meant to help users type faster and better. However, because it cannot incorporate the wide range of words that users use in their chat, Samsung has developed a feature called the built-in dictionary.
This feature allows a user to add new words to the Spell Checker that is the words that they do not want the app to flag as misspelled. If there’s a particular word you often use in your text messages and the app keeps highlighting in red saying that it is misspelled, you can add it to the dictionary to prevent this thing in future.
Today we will cover how you can take benefit from this built-in dictionary. There are two ways to use this dictionary and we will cover both.
Method 1: Filling up the personal dictionary
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Look for the “Language and input” and tap.
- Find and tap on “Personal Dictionary”.
- Type the word that you want to add to your personal dictionary.
- You can also set a shortcut for the long sentences and terms.
- Repeat the process and add as many words as you like.
Method 2: Adding the words directly from the messaging app.
- Open your messaging app or any app that allows you to type in it.
- Write down the word that you often use and want to add to the personal dictionary.
- If it is not in the English language or if it is a slang, it will be highlighted by a red underline. Tap on the word if it is underlined red.
- There will be random options to correct the word and there will be an option (probably at the bottom) for adding the word to the dictionary.
- Add it and it will never be highlighted again.
- In case if you want to delete or correct words, go to the same place in settings, click on the word and tap the delete.