Do you need to silence your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus? For example, if you’re in a meeting or want to stop your notifications from disturbing your sleep, then silencing your Galaxy device can be useful.
With this guide you’ll be able to learn how to silence your Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus quickly.
It should be noted that there are a total of five different sound types that can be silenced individually on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus:
- Notifications (notification tone);
- System (alerts);
When silencing your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus, it’s important to know which sound type you’d like to silence.
How to silence ringtone in Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus?
If you do not want the phone to ring, you will want to silence the ringtone on the S8 and S8+ Plus. You can use these following methods.
- Use the Galaxy S8mute mode (silent mode) or vibrate mode.
- Switch on the Do not Disturb
- alternatively, set the ringtone as Silent.
Method 1: Use mute mode or vibrate mode to silence Galaxy S8 ringtone.
To use mute mode or vibrate mode on the Galaxy S8, you only need to follow a few quick steps. This is one of the quickest ways to silence your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus.
You will need to use the quick settings icons below to switch between the 3 sound modes:
- Sound mode.
- Vibrate mode. With this, there will be no ringtones, notifications or system sounds, but your phone can still vibrate.
- Mute mode. No sound and no vibrations for calls, texts and notifications.
How to mute Galaxy S8 ringtone quickly?
If you would like to mute Galaxy S8 ringtone quickly, or you don’t want to answer an incoming call. You can use the following:
- Use Easy Mute.
- Press the Power button to instantly reject the call.
- Press the Home button to accept the call, then tap the mute or hold button.
- If you forget to turn your sound mode to mute or vibrate, the steps above are useful for quickly silencing an incoming ringtone.
Use easy mute to mute Galaxy S8 ringtone
To use easy mute on your Galaxy S8 when it rings, simply place your hand over the screen, or turn your phone over and place the phone face down on an even surface.
When you do this, your phone will still be ringing, but the ring will be silent so nobody will be able to hear it.
- To begin with, Easy Mode is switched off. You will need to turn it on.
- To turn on this Easy Mode, open the settings app, then tap Advanced features.
- Tap Easy mute as shown below.
- Tap the on button to switch Easy Mute on.
How to silence notification tone in Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus?
There are a number of methods you can use to quickly silence Galaxy S8 notification tones.
- Put your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus in the silence mode we mentioned above. Alternatively put it into vibrate mode.
- Switch on Do Not Disturb, as mentioned above.
- Change the default notification sound to ‘silent.’
Alternatively, you could disable notifications for specific applications.
How to silence alarms in Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus?
Even if you turn your sound down on your Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus, your alarm tone will still play when an alarm goes off.
In this case, you’ll need to dismiss or snooze the alarm to stop it from ringing.
To begin with, the alarm is considered an exception in the Do Not Disturb settings. You can remove this exception, as shown above, to stop the alarm from ringing when you’re in Do Not Disturb mode.