Samsung has got its own app store known as the Galaxy App Store. This especially makes Samsung stand out from the rest of their competitors considering that not many phone manufacturers have got their own app store. In the Galaxy app store, you can download both the free and paid apps for your Samsung device.
This app store is part of Samsung’s initiative to obtain recognition from users all around the world. To help spread the gospel, Samsung will promote certain apps and games and any Samsung device, including the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus, receives push notifications to inform users of a new app or app update as well as other information regarding the store.
Some users find this to be extremely helpful especially where they can get the latest updates or even new applications that they may wish to have. On the other hand, some users find this as being too aggressive on the part of Samsung.
If you find that the push notifications are too much for you, you will be glad to know that there’s a way that Samsung provides for you to completely disable these notifications. The process is pretty simple as well. Follow our guide below.
Disabling Galaxy App Promotions On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Open on the Galaxy App Store on your Samsung Galaxy S8
- On the upper right side of your screen, hit the 3-dot sign to reveal more options
- Hit Settings on the drop down menu
- Browse for the “Notifications” section
- The notification section is the area that holds all kinds of notifications options. What you are required to do is simply find the Push Notification option (usually the 2nd option in this section). When you locate it, toggle it to OFF to disable it. If you wish to enable this in the future, follow the same process then toggle the option to ON to enable it.
There’s a way you can avoid having to receive the notifications in the first place. If you at any time think that you won’t need to use the Galaxy app store then there’s no need to create or sign in to the Samsung account when setting up your Galaxy S8.
The app will be auto installed on your device only if you have signed in with a Samsung account. If you don’t, this app will never show up in the app drawer, therefore you won’t have to get bothered with the push notification promotions from Samsung.
However, if you find that you need to have the Samsung account for whichever reason, then you can go ahead and create the account then disable the push notifications afterwards.
You will be able to use your account as well as having not to deal with the bother of the promotions from Samsung. If you however think that you may want to explore the Samsung App Store then press on the Samsung App Store icon and locate the app you wish to explore. It is that simple.