It is now evident that the Samsung galaxy S9 has amazing features that are yet to be discovered. Double Tap on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus either to Wake or Sleep is some of the amazing smartphone controls that continue to increase in popularity since they were first utilized in LG smartphones. As you double tap, the phone can execute a particular action as it senses repetitive touches that are associated with a specific sequence.
It will automatically go asleep if the smartphone is awake and vice-versa. Although this feature looks great to use, Samsung has preferably focused on the Always on Display feature at the expense of the Wake/ Sleep on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus phone.
Nonetheless, you can make these simple taps actionable on your galaxy device through the use of a free custom launcher or a third-party app.
However, we will base today’s guide on one of the best app currently in the market although it is more of a paid option. The Nova Launcher app is currently free to install yet some of its gestures commands can be accessed using only the paid version Nova Launcher Prime.
Some of the steps that can enable the Double Tap on Galaxy S9 / Galaxy S9 Plus phone:
- In case of the Nova Launcher, dedicated third-party app, is not on your phone, download it;
- Tap here to access the paid version, Nova Launcher Prime app;
- Now, go to your smartphone’s general settings;
- Find where the Application option is and click on it;
- Choose the Default Application from the option;
- Afterwards, choose the Home Screen Option;
- Click on the Nova Launcher From your list of options. Clicking it will make it be the default launcher that will now be active on the smartphone;
- After that, you will need to tap o the Home button to head back to the home screen;
- Look on the screen on any spot that seems empty to tap on it and Hold;
- Go to Setting;
- Choose the Gestures and Inputs;
- Click on the Double Tap option on the newly-opened list to select it;
- You will also need to select the screen lock option;
- Return to the home screen by pressing the Home key;
- While on the Home screen, find an empty area and Double Tap on it;
- Choose Enable;
- Go to the screen’s bottom right area and Select the Activate button.
That is it! Test the wake Double tap and Sleep Double tap on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus phone to see how it operates.
You can alternatively cautiously explore similar apps that send your screen display to the wake or sleep mode through double taps effectively turning the screen black and power back as you desire.