Have you heard other people’s smartphones playing MP3 songs instead of the default ringtones of a Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Plus and wondered how they did it? Downloading your own ringtones and personalizing contacts from your agenda is much simpler than it looks.
In fact, it is so simple that all you have to do is to have that favorite song saved on your smartphone and to edit some settings in your agenda. That way, you can customize your entire agenda and you will know who’s calling without even having to look at the display. The same goes for your alarm tones, you can easily personalize the way you wake up in the morning or the way you are reminded about important events throughout the day.
But if you learn how to download ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, you will be able to adjust alarm tones without problems. So, let’s focus on this part.
How to download new ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Each individual contact in your agenda has an editing option from where you can select what ringtone to associate with it. When you access that option, you are given a list of default ringtones. But that’s not what you’re looking for, you want to be able to add whatever song you like. That’s why you’ll have to scroll down until you find the option that lets you add new songs. Here’s what we’re talking about:
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus;
- Tap on the Phone app;
- Switch to the Dialer tab;
- Browse through the list of recent calls until you find a contact you want to personalize;
- Tap on that contact;
- Look for the pen-shaped icon that allows you to edit that contact and select it;
- Tap on the Ringtone option;
- This will take you to the previously mentioned list with default ringtones;
- Scroll down to the bottom of that list;
- Hit the Add button;
- Browse your smartphone and select the MP3 that you want to set as a custom ringtone for that contact;
- Repeat all these steps with all the other contacts you’d like to edit, one by one.
When you’re done, some users will have the default ringtone – the ones you didn’t edit – and others will have your favorite songs as ringtones. There’s really no better way to personalize this voice service offered by your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. From now on, everything should feel more personal and intimate – when someone calls and you hear that special song, you’ll instantly know who’s at the other end of the line.