You can’t have a smartphone without email services in it. As it stands now majority of people who uses Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus have registered email account on their respective phones. Before anything operation is being performed on new smartphone, the email account setup guide on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus needs to happen. This shows how significant it is for users to have the email account on their devices.
Let me bring to your notice that several other types of emails are supported by Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. The significance of this is to enable you have access to different types of emails at the same time on your smartphone. It is surprised to know that not all users of this device are aware that their Galaxy S9 can perform this task. Even some of the users that are aware that their phone can perform this function, can’t adequately configure these email accounts on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Once you’ve gotten your email username and password, it means your email setup process on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is ready to begin, but you need to look for other things you can set on the email. But the only settings that gets most user frustrated is the server settings. To resolve the server settings issue, you need to contact your service provider and lodge your complaints on anything that has to do with server settings, port number etc. after you’ve received all the information needed, you can move on with the instructions highlighted below:
The procedure required to set up email account on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9
The information you need to set up an account are:
- Incoming server settings
- Outgoing server settings
- Port numbers
- And some other POP3 / IMAP / settings for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
You begin by looking for the email icon on folder where Apps are found, it is usually placed on the home screen. But there are some situation s where you might not see the email app in the Apps folder, in this case, ensure you check the Samsung folder because it will be located there.
- Click on the email address present on the newly opened screen and make sure you confirm if the email account already exist on the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Choose add new account option to add new email account to the device if you can’t find registered email account there. Make sure you input your email username and password to proceed.
- Set your email manually by choosing the manual setup option
- Sign in to enable your phone automatically search the settings of the email server and the following accounts which includes: IMAP account, POP3 account, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
Follow the instruction below if you’ve chosen manual setup:
- From the list of the three displayed option, select the type of the email account.
- Input the server settings for the email account you selected.
- Click on ‘’sign in’’ to proceed.
- Allow you phone to confirm the server setting that you’ve selected.
- Sync list will be displayed on the screen after your settings have been verified and when your device has been adequately connected to the server.
- Try all your possible best to configure the sync options and sign in afterwards.
- Personalize the name of your account: When you personalize your account name, all your “outbox” will be easily recognizable.
- When your account is ready, tap on “done”.
- After this, you should be expecting emails in your inbox. Let us take a quick look on the attributes of the three types of email accounts we have.
Method of adding POP3/IMAP email accounts on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
You can make use of POP3 or IMAP type of account to personalize a new email account on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. One of POP3 and IMAP can be accessed through settings present on the menu while the other originated from stock email application.
How to add email account using the stock email App
- Open the home screen;
- Click the Apps drawer;
- Select the email icon and start the app (Note that you can also find the email icon in the Samsung folder in case you’re unable to see it under the Apps folder);
- Open the Inbox;
- Tap on Menu;
- Select settings;
- Choose “add account” from the setting;
- Some instructions will be displayed on the new screen, follow them to complete the setup
How to add email account on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus from the settings menu
Go to the home screen and open the Apps folder;
- Open settings;
- Click on accounts;
- Tap on Add Account;
- Choose email;
- Input an email address and password;
- Click on sign in and allow your device to automatically do the manual or automatic configuration of the type of email, username, password, security type and server settings.
- Set-up the sync settings
- Go on by selecting on the next button.
- Provide a name and signature to your account for sending emails, and input the information on each fields;
- Tap on Done when you’re through setting your account up.
Steps to add one Exchange ActiveSync/Work Email Account
You should have noted by now that to set-up a personal email account, you’ll need the settings for POP3 and IMAP. But if you wish to sync email account for work on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you’ll have to configure an Exchange ActiveSync account using some powerful Exchange features. If you’ve completed the above procedure you’ll to get your work email on your Smartphone, and you’ll have the chance to receive work mail on your inbox the same way you receive for your personal emails.
Note that you need to recognize the exact main Exchange server and some relevant settings. To avoid any error or mistake, contact your network provider or Exchange server Administrator and ask them for guidelines and some other important information. If you’re done with that, you can then proceed to configure your Exchange ActiveSync email account on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus by following the steps listed below:
- Open the home screen;
- Tap on the settings icon
- Proceed to accounts;
- Click on “add account”;
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for the account type;
- Input the your work mails’ address and password;
- Choose manual setup;
- Use the information given to you by your network administrator to continue;
- Follow the remaining instructions displayed on your screen and the options too;
- Input your display name and your account name in the field provided (This will serve as email account’s signature for your outbox);
- Once you’ve configured the email account, click on done.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus preferences and settings for Exchange ActiveSync
We’ve been discussing about how you can set up Exchange ActiveSync account for your work emails. However, apart from the display name, you still have quite a lot to configure on your work email account. There are some other options that you can still explore, options like: flagging messages, configuring message priorities and sending out meeting request and preparing canned out-of-office messages. You need to go through the instructions listed below to learn more the available options:
- Click on the Apps folder and choose email app;
- Click on ‘more’ option displayed on the inbox screen to have access to other important options;
- From the option, choose settings;
- If you want to see the remaining options for the Exchange ActiveSync account, then click on account name;
- Select the setting that you want to configure.
We are going to stop here at the moment so as that you’ll be able to comprehend all that we have said. But we are going to give you up-to-date instructions on how best you make good use of email accounts on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, so stay tuned.