There’s no way you will own a smartphone and not have email services in it. Nowadays, most Galaxy S20 or S20+ Plus users have an email account on their phones. The email account setup needs to be done first before any operation can be carried out on Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S20+ Plus. This shows how important it is for users to have an email account on their phones.
In case you don’t know, Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus support different types of emails. This is to allow users to be able to use various kinds of emails simultaneously on their smartphones. It is surprising to know that some users of these devices are not aware their Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus can do this. In fact, some of them cannot properly set up email accounts on their smartphones.
Once you receive your email username and password, it means you can begin the email setup process, but you should look for any other thing you can configure on the email. Server settings are the only settings that frustrate most users. To solve the server settings problem, you will have to contact your network service provider and complain about anything related to port number, server settings, and so on. Once you have gotten all the necessary information, you can then move on with the instructions we have highlighted below.
The procedure for setting up an email account on Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus
You need the following information to set up an email account:
- Port numbers
- Outgoing server settings
- Incoming server settings
- POP3 / IMAP / settings for Exchange email ActiveSync account.
You can start by searching for the email icon on the Apps folder, which is usually found on the home screen. However, in some cases, the email app may not be in the Apps folder. When this happens, make sure you check the Samsung folder because it is going to be there.
- Tap on the email address on the recently opened screen and confirm whether an email account is already existing on the Galaxy S20 or S20+ Plus.
- Select add new account option in order to add a new email account to your device if there’s no registered email account there. Be sure to enter your username and password to move to the next step.
- Choose the manual setup option to set your email manually
- Log in to allow your phone to automatically look for the email server settings and these accounts: POP3 account, IMAP account, and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
Follow these instructions if you have selected manual setup:
- Choose the type of email account you want from the list of options displayed.
- Enter the server settings for the email account you chose.
- Click on “sign in.”
- Let your phone confirm the server settings you’ve entered
- A sync list will be shown on the screen once your settings have been confirmed and your smartphone is connected to the server.
- Do your best to set up the sync option and log in afterward.
- Personalize your account name: Your “outbox” will be easy to recognize when you personalize your account name.
- Click on “Done” when your account is ready.
- Then, you should be waiting for emails in your inbox. Let’s have a look at the attributes of the 3 types of email accounts available.
How to add POP3/IMAP email accounts on Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus
You can use either IMAP or POP3 type of account to personalize your email account on Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus. One of IMAP or POP3 is accessible through the settings on the menu while the other emanated from the stock email app.
How to add email account using the stock email application
- Go to the home screen.
- Tap on the Apps drawer.
- Choose the email icon and open the application (remember to check the Samsung folder for the email icon if you can’t find it under the Apps folder).
- Go to the Inbox.
- Click on Menu.
- Choose settings.
- Select “add account” from the settings.
- Some instructions are going to be shown on the new screen. Follow these instructions to finish the setup.
How to add a new email account on Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S20+ Plus from the settings menu
Proceed to the home screen and click the Apps folder;
- Open settings.
- Tap on accounts.
- Select email.
- Click on Add Account.
- Type in an email address and password.
- Tap on sign in and let your device automatically perform the manual or automatic setup of the type of email account, security type, username, passcode, and server settings.
- Set up the sync settings.
- Proceed by clicking the next button.
- Provide a name and signature to your email account for sending emails and enter the information on each field.
- Click on Done when you are through setting up the account.
How to add an Exchange ActiveSync/Work Email Account
By now, you should have realized that you would need the settings for IMAP and POP3 to set up a personal email account. But if you want to synchronize work email account on your Samsung Galaxy S20 or S20+ Plus, you will need to set up an Exchange ActiveSync account.
If you have completed the procedure above, you will have your work email on your phone and be able to receive emails for work on your inbox just as you receive personal emails.
Remember that you have to know the exact Exchange server as well as some important settings to do this. To prevent any mistake or error, get in touch with Exchange server administrator or network provider and seek guidelines and other relevant information. If you have completed that, then you can proceed to set up your Exchange ActiveSync email account on Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus by following these steps:
- Go to the home screen.
- Click on the settings icon.
- Proceed to accounts.
- Select “add account.”
- Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for the type of account.
- Enter the address and password of your work emails.
- Click on manual setup.
- Proceed using the information provided to you by your network administrator.
- Follow the steps shown on the screen, as well as the options.
- Type in your account name and display name in the field provided (This is going to be the email account’s signatures for your outgoing mails.)
- Click on Done once you have set up the email account.
Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus settings and preferences for Exchange ActiveSync
We have been talking about how to set up Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account for your work emails. But, aside from the display name, there are many other things to configure on your work email account.
can explore some other options, such as: flagging messages, setting up message priorities, forwarding meeting request, and creating out-of-office messages. You have to read the instructions below to know more about the available options:
- Open the Apps folder and select the email app.
- Tap on “more” option shown on the inbox screen for access to other options.
- From the available option, select settings
- Click on the account name if you wish to see the remaining options for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
- Choose the setting you will like to configure.
We will stop here for now so that you can understand everything we have discussed. But we will provide you with the latest instructions on how to best make use of your email accounts on Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ Plus. Stay glued.