Everybody needs a good alarm on their smartphones. And just because Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are considered a fancy smartphone, it doesn’t mean it skips the basic features like the alarm clock widget. In fact, this one works just as well as on any other devices, flawlessly making its job of waking you up and reminding you of the most important events, day and night.
If you take the time to analyze this feature, you’ll notice that it actually comes with more than a plain alarm. That’s right, on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphones the alarm app also has a stopwatch that will help you better keep the track of time at any given moment.
The great snooze feature that comes with it will prove handy for all those mornings when you cannot get yourself to wake up. Long story short, the alarm clock app and its widget for Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus are one of those features that once discovered, you will want to use day after day.
Top 7 attributes you can configure with your alarm clock
Did you think that setting up an alarm is all about choosing a day and an hour? Think again, because Galaxy S8 is giving you no less than 7 editing options when selecting your alarms. Begin by launching the Apps icon, tapping on the Clock feature and then tapping on the Create button. That’s where all these options come in and you get to personalize them according to your needs and desires:
- Time – use the up and down arrows to set the hour when you want the alarm to sound. Switch the AM/PM toggle to specify the time of the day.
- Repeat – with alarm repeat you can select the days when you want this particular alarm to trigger at the same hour. You can either tick individual days or just check the box labeled as Repeat weekly to set it for 7/7 days.
- Alarm type – this is where you get to decide how soft or intense you want the alarm tone to be. Make it plain sound, vibration, or a combination of the two of them – whatever you prefer.
- Tone – after selecting the sound mode, you select the actual sound file, the pre-defined ringtone or an MP3 song you would like to play when the alarm activates.
- Volume – even if you opted for Sound, you can still personalize it from a low volume to a higher volume – just drag the slider and stop where you feel most comfortable.
- Snooze feature – you’ll notice a special Snooze feature, where you can toggle a switch from On to Off. Since you’re there, you can adjust these snooze settings to an interval (of anything from 3, 5 or 10 to 15 or even 30 minutes) and a REPEAT number (1, 2, 3, 5 or even 10 times). Once you have selected these details, you will be able to activate the Snooze feature even with other alarms – wait for it to ring and then touch and swipe the ZZ yellow sign in any direction you want. It will repeat your alarm according to all the Snooze settings you have previously set from your alarm settings.
- Alarm name – last but not least, you can type in a specific name for every single alarm that you create. When it starts ringing, you’ll also see its name on the display. This will particularly help you when you set up alarms to remind you of something that you need to do throughout the day.
How to delete an alarm on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
If you’ve created at least one alarm on your smartphone, you must have seen that every new alarm entry is listed in the main window of the app. To delete one or several of your current alarms, launch the alarm menu. Touch and hold the one that you want to remove. Tap on the Delete option.
If you touch the Clock, however, you get the chance to simply turn it off and save it for later use!