Have you been trying to use your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus camera app without success? Keep getting the “Warning: Camera Failed” error and, after that, nothing works?
If your camera stops working after this message is displayed, it looks like it could be a lot more than a simple error. Some users actually claim that the problem persists even after rebooting the device and, what’s even more concerning, even after the smartphone has been reset to its factory defaults!
In the event that you have started your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus from scratch only to get the same “Warning: Camera Failed” error after a couple of days of using the camera app without problems, we would suggest that you focus on the possibility of dealing with some cache issues.
In today’s article, we will introduce you to a three-step solution that will walk you from a simple restart of the device to clearing the app’s cache and, ultimately, to clearing the cache of your entire operating system. This should make things easier for you, so read on:
To fix your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus failed camera app…
- Restart the device;
- Simultaneously tap on the Power and the Home buttons;
- Hold the two keys for at least 4 seconds;
- When the smartphone turns off and then vibrates, release the buttons;
- Wait for it to restart and check if you’re still getting the “Warning: Camera Failed” message after that;
- Clear the camera app’s cache and data;
- Launch the Settings menu;
- Make your way to the Application Manager;
- Select the Camera app listed in there;
- Select the Force Stop;
- Select Clear Data;
- Select Clear Cache;
- Leave the menus and relaunch the camera app, to see how it goes;
- Clear the cache partition of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Turn off the phone;
- Tap and hold at the same time on the Home, Volume Up, and the Power buttons;
- Let go of these buttons and wait to see the Android system recovery screen;
- Use the Volume Down key to making it to the Wipe Cache Partition menu;
- Activate it with one tap on the Power key;
- When it finishes, reboot in the normal running mode.
Any of these three steps might easily work your “Warning: Camera Failed” error on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. If they don’t, contact the retailer and ask for professional servicing or replacement of the damaged camera.