The idea of finding the Wi-Fi MAC address of a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus might be a bit intimidating for the less tech-savvy users. But that’s only until you realize that this unique string of characters associated with the networking hardware of the device is actually extremely simple to identify. All you have to do is to know under what menu to search for such advanced details. As suggested, it is a detail… about your phone.
To kill the suspense, the Wi-Fi MAC address of your phone is specified under the menu with the same name – “About phone”. How do you get there, you wonder?
- It all starts, as usually, from the Home screen of the device;
- Launch the Apps icon and select the Settings menu;
- Towards the bottom of that menu, you have the About Phone option;
- Select About Phone and you’ll see a new series of options;
- This time, tap on Status;
- In this final window, identify the Wi-Fi MAC Address entry – it will have a value next to it.
That’s all the information you were looking for. Since you’re here, you could spend some extra time and look up for other details regarding your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. You might find out interesting things.