You may be having some issues with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus that when you are at the App Launcher, you cannot find some of the icons. Since the icons cannot be found, you are not able to launch apps even if they seem to be installed in your Application Manager or Google Play Store.
If this happens, there is most likely an issues your TouchWiz Launcher. You can fix this by simply clearing the TouchWiz Home data but this is also going to reset launcher and Home screen settings to their original settings. Take a look at below on how to fix this issue.
Note: If you follow through with these steps, the home screen will be reset and the settings will go back to the default. You must organize the icons back to the way that you prefer them.
Fix Icons Missing From App Launcher On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Choose Apps, and then have the Settings open starting from your Home screen.
- Choose Applications, and then choose Application manager.
- Choose More that is at the top right of your screen, and then click on the Show System Apps.
- Choose the TouchWiz home option by scrolling down and clicking it.
- Choose “Storage”.
- Click the “Clear data” option.
You can see all of your apps once you have clicked the App Launcher.