Resetting the lock screen password doesn’t always go smoothly on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. There are instances when you forgot the pattern lock and you’re literally left outside. Just like there are instances when you’ve misplaced the smartphone and you freak out, thinking that someone might get their hands on it and use your personal information in who knows what purposes. The fact is, however, that no matter the reason why you need to bypass the pattern lock, there are a couple of options.
The hard factory reset is one of them – you knew it, right? – but it doesn’t have to be the only one. And that’s probably the good news of this tutorial on how to handle the forgot pattern lock on Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus:
- You can restore the factory defaults, even if this means you will lose any data and files that haven’t been backed up – you can either use the instructions from below or read this special Factory Reset Guide for Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus;
- You can use this service from Samsung, Find My Mobile, and reset the forgot pattern, yet only if you’re registered with Samsung;
- You can use this common service for Android devices, the Android Device Manager, and reset the forgot pattern.
Here Are The Steps For Resetting The Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Pattern Lock With A Hard Factory Reset:
- Turn off the phone;
- Boot into Recovery Mode;
- Use the Volume Down key to select the menu Wipe Data/ Factory Reset;
- Start the factory reset with a tap on the Power button;
- Confirm the action by selecting the Yes – Delete All User Data option with the same Volume Down key and a tap on the Power button;
- Wait for the hard reset to complete and the device to reboot;
- As it returns to the Recovery Mode, select the menu Reboot System Now;
- Wait for it to restart once again, probably a bit slower than usual, and you’ll see that it will boot into the normal running mode without asking you for an unlock pattern.
Here Are The Steps For Resetting Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Pattern Lock With Samsung Find My Mobile:
- Make sure that your device is registered with Samsung;
- Use Find My Mobile to access the Remote Controls feature;
- Temporary reset the unlock pattern with a new password;
- Use this new, time-sensitive password to unlock the device and set up a new, permanent password.
Here Are The Steps For Resetting Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Password With Android Device Manager:
- If you already registered your smartphone with this service, use your credentials to log into the Android Device Manager from another internet-connected device;
- Select your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus from the first page of this service;
- Next, select and activate the Lock & Erase feature;
- Follow the instructions, as provided in there, to lock the phone with a new, temporary password;
- Finally, unlock it with that temporary password and create a new one.
You don’t need us to tell you which method will work best, but you can always come back here with extra questions for each of the three options! Until then, hopefully, this will serve you as an accurate solution on the forgot pattern lock for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus!