Did you know that you have a very simple option to hide all the photos you’re taking with the camera of your Samsung Galaxy A9, A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3? Probably not, since you’re here reading this article, and looking for how to hide photos… So, in this post, we’ll show you a less-known option that your smartphone features and that is not active by default. Once you spot it, however, you should use it with great success and with no need to install any kind of third-party app.
The Private Mode – because this is the option we are talking about – works with photos, as already suggested, but also with videos and other types of formats. It relies on a password and an unlock pattern. And suffices for you to activate it, move your files to the private mode, deactivate it, and that was it.
Protecting new photos on Samsung Galaxy A9, A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3 would imply that:
- You first turn on the Private Mode feature;
- Navigate on your smartphone, to the file or the photo that you want to protect and hide;
- Highlight all the files that you want to work with if they’re all in the same folder;
- Tap, in the upper right corner, on the Overflow menu button;
- From the context menu that will show up, select the “Move to Private” option.
To activate this Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy A9, A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3:
- Go to the Home screen of the device;
- Use two fingers and swipe down from the top of the screen;
- From the newly opened menu, tap Private Mode;
- Enter your pin code (choose it carefully, you’ll have to use it every time you log in from now on).
To deactivate the Private Mode on Galaxy A9, A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3 after you’ve hidden the files:
- Use two fingers from the top of the display;
- Swipe down to reopen that extended menu;
- Select, once again, the Private Mode;
- The device should return to the normal mode right after that.
Isn’t it extremely simple to have the Private Mode set up on Samsung Galaxy A9, A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3? Whether you want to hide a few files or an entire folder, now you know the drill.