If you have a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone, you must be looking for ways through which you can customize the lock screen. Most of us would like to know how to change the lock screen to Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus smartphones because in most cases, it is the first thing that comes to sight when we power on our Galaxy S8 or the S8+ Plus smartphone devices.
To make your Galaxy S8 smartphone more usable, you can choose to add several widgets and icons depending on your personal preferences. The wallpaper for the lock screen on your Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy S8+ Plus can also be changed.
Go to the settings menu and locate the Lock screen from where you should be able to see a number of features that can you can personally add to the lock screen.
- The Dual clock- This is a clock that will show you both the current as well as the home time zones
- Clock size- The clock size is an adjustable feature that allows you to increase or decrease the clock size to make the time more visible.
- Camera Shortcut-This feature will enable you to unlock the lock screen by taking you through to the camera
- Owner Information-The owner’s Twitter handles and other social media accounts can be added to the lock screen
- Unlock Effect-This is a feature which changes the general appearance of the lock screen. I prefer the watercolor unlock effect.
- Additional info-If you would like to add or remove a pedometer and weather information from the lock screen you can use this feature.
Changing Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus Lock screen Wallpaper
Changing the wallpaper on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is quite similar to changing the Lock Screen on previous Galaxy models. The process involves long pressing and holding any empty space on the Home Screen. This should bring up an edit mode. This is where widgets can then be added, changes to the home screen can also be made as well as changing the wallpaper.
To change the lock screen, select on the Wallpaper and chose the Lock Screen. For the lock screen, the Samsung Galaxy S8 has several different wallpapers options by default. You can choose more images from your gallery to add to the options for the wallpaper. Click the option for Set Wallpaper once your desired image is selected.