A good number of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus users have reported experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with their smartphones. The claims are that their Samsung S8 devices do not stay connected to the Internet and instead the phone automatically switches to the mobile data. The failure to stay connected to the Wi-Fi is usually attributed to a weak Wi-Fi signal.
If you notice that your Wi-Fi connection is still strong but the Galaxy S8 smartphone still can’t stay connected, then you will be happy to know that there are ways through which you can fix such a problem. Normally, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone fails to stay connected to the Wi-Fi network because WLAN to mobile data which is a connection problem that is activated in the Android settings. These settings are available on the Galaxy S8 and the S8+ Plus smartphone.
From the Android settings, you can use the Smart Network switch. This Switch was designed to specifically to switch between mobile and Wi-Fi networks automatically. This includes the LTE and the auto-switch provides a stable network connection for the whole length of time you want to access the internet. You will be happy to know that on your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus smartphone’s, you can adjust this feature to fix any similar issues on Galaxy S8 smartphone.
Fixing the failure to stay connected to the Wi-Fi network by your Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Power on your Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Turn on mobile data connection
- Go to the Menu and browse for the settings from where you can choose Wireless settings menu.
- A Smart Network Switch option should appear at the beginning of the page
- Disregard the need to stabilize your wireless connection by unchecking the smart network switch option. Ensure the router is still upright
- After completion of the above step, your phone will no longer switch automatically between mobile data and wireless Wi-Fi networks.
The steps provided above should be sufficient in helping you solve the existing Wi-Fi connection issues. However, if for any reasons, your Galaxy S8 wireless Internet connection gets terminated, your S8 or S8+ Plus might once more switch the mobile data plan automatically. Performing a complete Wipe cache partition might be the only effective alternative. The advantage of this method is that it will retain all your photos, videos and any other files on your Galaxy S8 or the S8+ Plus smartphone. You can quite easily perform a Wipe Cache Partition with your Galaxy S8 in the Android Recovery Mode.
Solve the Wi-Fi problems in your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Get the phone into Recovery Mode
- The phone should vibrate once, as soon as the phone activates and enters the recovery mode
- Locate the Wipe Cache Partition option and launch it
The phone should complete soon afterwards and you may reboot to restart the Galaxy S8 smartphone.