If you’ve just launched the Alarm clock app on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus and you’re looking a bit puzzled at its screen, you must have already spotted the fact that it is more than just a simple alarm. Before you master all its features and start using it as a reminder, a time tracker, a stopwatch or whatever else you have in there, it would be best if you could just familiarize yourself with all the different options for configuring a simple alarm.
This is your guide on how to effectively create, configure and, when necessary, delete an alarm clock from the built-in widget of a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The 7 attributes of an alarm:
- Time – with AM/PM display and up and down arrows for selection;
- Repeat – with the option to select on which days of the week you want it to automatically trigger and the special Repeat Weekly box;
- Type – how do you want it to trigger, with Sound, only Vibration, or a combination of these two;
- Tone – the sound file you want it to play when you select the Sound type;
- Volume – with a special slider that will let you set how loud you want to hear it;
- Snooze – with Interval (3, 5, 10, 15, 30 min) as well as Repeat (1, 2, 3, 5, 10 times) options;
- Name – to give it a special name that will pop up on the screen when the alarm triggers.
If you really want to benefit from the snooze feature, you will have to configure it from here because, when the alarm rings, you won’t have this option, unless you configure it in advance. After that, you’ll see the yellow ZZ sign on the display and you can tap on it and swipe it any way you want just to postpone the alarm for a few more minutes.
How to create and delete alarms
Thanks to all the attributes from above and the repeat option, in particular, one can set up a couple of alarms and use them on a regular basis. This means that you will only need to create a new alarm or to delete an old one every now and then.
To set up a new alarm, follow the path of Apps >> Clock >> Create. In there, you will need to go through all the 7 attributes we just showed you.
To delete an alarm, however, is even easier than creating one. You go to the main screen of the Alarm clock and you will see in there all the alarms currently created for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. Identify the one you want to remove, tap and hold on it, then select the Delete option from the context menu that will show up. To simply turn it off and save it for later use, all you have to do is to use, instead, the Clock option.