The new and improved Android Nougat operating system version of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus brought, among other cool features, the so-called Energy Monitor function. Its role, as the name suggests, is to help to regulate the energy consumption whenever you are not using a particular app actively.
Until recently, your smartphone would have allowed apps running in the background without any problems. Issues relating to the phone’s performances and how long would the battery last or even how well would the Internet work are often associated with apps running in the background. But once you manage to activate the Energy Monitor function, all those apps will be restricted in the background.
Some say it’s a great thing to use, others discover that they actually needed for some of the restricted apps to be allowed to run in the background. If you prefer to disable the Energy Monitor on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, all you have to do is to:
- Access the general settings of the phone;
- Navigate to Device Maintenance;
- Select the Battery submenu;
- Tap on the 3-dot icon from there;
- Head to the Advanced Settings section;
- In the window that will open next, you will see the App Energy Monitor feature – just tap on it to disable it and you’re done.
Leave the menus and mind your own business. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus with Android Nougat will no longer restrict your apps.