I bet you really love your Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone, but there is an issue that has been bugging other owners of this same smartphone. This happens when you get an error message telling you that you “Unfortunately Facebook has stopped working.”
At the moment, you are probably aware that Facebook is among the most popular apps on Google Play Store. And although it happens to contain its own support group, Facebook is embedded into your device firmware. I came up with the best alternative to uninstalling your current Facebook version and installing the latest one. This alternative method has proved to be quite efficient.
Fixing the “Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped” error on your Galaxy S8+ Plus
The problem could result from a minor crash but we can follow the steps provided below to learn about the best way to clear the Facebook cache and data.
- Go to the Homescreen and click on the Apps icon
- The tap on the Settings
- Click on the Applications then open the Applications Manager
- Now swipe to All tabs and locate Facebook
- Select Force Close button
- Now tap on Storage and click to Uninstall
If the procedure does not fix the problem, other apps could be the reason for the error with Facebook and as a result you should try to fix it booting your Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus smartphones in the safe mode. To do this, follow the steps as illustrated below;
- Long press the Power button
- Release the power button the moment you see a ‘Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus’ appears on your screen and immediately hold the volume down key
- Wait for the smartphone to finish rebooting while still holding the volume down button
- Let go of the volume down button when ‘Safe Mode’ comes on the screen
- While in the safe mode, launch Facebook app and check to see if the problem still exists. If this is the case, you need to check your firmware updates if any is available from the Google Play Store.
- As a last resort, I would suggest performing a hard reset once you have backed up all your important data on your Galaxy S8+ Plus. Do not be worried if the phone takes longer than usual to reboot.
After you follow the steps above, you should learn how to solve the ‘Unfortunately Facebook has Stopped’ error on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.