The name of OK Google for the dedicated voice assistant kind of says it all. You’re supposed to pronounce the magic words, followed by the actual voice command, and your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus should respond right away. Did you just do that without success?
If it’s the first time you’re using it, there’s no wonder it doesn’t respond – have you actually activated the option that lets the device respond to your voice commands from any running app or window?
There are, in fact, two options that must be active for the OK Google to work on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. The steps are the same for any Android device, so read on and you’ll know what you need to do from now on, no matter what phone you’re using:
- You will have to edit the settings of the Google app, so, begin by launching it;
- Access its main Menu, the one where you get to tackle the settings – tap on the 3-bar icon to get there;
- From the extended Menu, select the Settings option;
- Under the Google App settings, tap on the Voice submenu;
- In there, select the OK Google Detection;
- Under that section, you will see the two options that we have previously mentioned – “From Google Search App” respectively “From any screen”;
- Once the two options are checked and set to On (active), you can return to the Voice submenu;
- Make sure that the selected language is English (US) and only then leave the menus.
After these simple steps, if everything went as suggested, the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus will execute the OK Google voice commands without any other problems.