On the manner in which you can hide apps on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, the Android OS gives more options. All Android smartphones come with an Apps screen or an Apps drawer and a Home screen. Only the frequently used applications are displayed on your Home screen. Hit on the apps icon to navigate through the Home screen and the apps screen on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
It’s the reason why you’ll often see most Android phone users laughing at their iOS users counterparts just for the mere lack of similar flexibility. However, some of the Android users will often feel confused at the prospect of having two locations where you can hold your apps.
For new Android users for instance, they may attempt to launch the apps from the apps screen which obviously requires more than just a tap. Never mind. Samsung now offers you’re the option of hiding apps screen on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus through the Galaxy Labs as such, all apps will be displayed on the Galaxy S8 Home screen.
The hidden applications will not display in the applications menu or receive updates on software. However, some pre-installed applications are much more difficult to hide.
- Go to the Home screen and hit the ‘Apps tray’
- Select ‘Edit’
- Apps with the hide capability will have a – sign on them on the upper right corner
- Hit the – icon
- Then hit ‘’turn OFF’’ to hide
- Go to the Home screen then hit on the ‘’Apps’’ icon
- Select settings
- Select applications
- Select applications manager
- Browse the list of all the apps then hit ‘’MORE’’ and choose ‘show system apps’
- If the application is already hidden, ‘’DISABLED’’ will be displayed on the field of the applications name
- Select the preferred application
- Hit ENABLE to display the app