If you recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and then imported contacts from your SIM card, you might end up with some contacts being duplicated. You will be happy to know that it is easier and very simple to get rid of duplicate contacts from Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The whole process will only consume a few minutes of your time and you don’t even spend a penny to accomplish this task. A guide has been provided for you below on how you can merge as well as delete all the duplicated contacts on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The reason for duplication of contacts is as a result of connecting and synchronizing multiple email accounts to your device. You do not have to delete each contact manually but instead you may want to merge both copies of the contact. This will keep the contact in your personal email address book as well as in the work email address book.
Cleaning up Galaxy S8 duplicate contacts faster
A built-in clean up tool may also be used to clear the duplicate contacts from your Galaxy S8. You can learn from here how to identify duplicate contacts so as to merge them or clean your smartphone.
- Power on your Galaxy S8
- Look for the Contacts app
- Choose the three menu dots which appear in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click on Link Contacts
After choosing on Link Contacts you should now see a list from where you may sort contacts by address, by name or by phone number. Tapping on the contacts will link them. After selecting on the contacts you want to merge, click on Done. This process should remove duplicated contacts from Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Removing Duplicate Contacts on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Without the need for a computer, you should be able o merge and delete contacts directly from your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. If your contacts have not been arranged in any discernible order, you may have to use your Gmail account to edit them.
You can follow the guide below to learn how to remove duplicate contacts from your S8 smartphone:
- Power on your Samsung Galaxy S8
- Get to the Contacts app
- Browse through your contacts to identify those contacts that have been duplicated
- Click on the first contact you would like to merge
- Go to the place designated as Connected via
- To the right, you should find a link icon, click on it
- Select to Link another Contact
- Choose the contacts that you would like to link and the click on the back arrow