Bixby is the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus version of the famous Apple’s Siri app. The manufacturers made sure that getting Bixby to work will be as simple as tapping on the Home button, but here’s the problem – some people find it very similar to Google Now, therefore, see it as useless; other people simply don’t like the idea or don’t need Bixby at all.
As expected, you can always get rid of it, as long as you know the exact steps required to access the Bixby settings from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Just like with many other Android features, there are two ways of disabling Bixby. One of them will only disable the fast launch from the tap on the Home button – you follow the right steps and you won’t stumble upon the Bixby assistant every time when you will use that button. And the other option will imply not only disabling this feature but also completely turning it off.
Here they are:
To disable Bixby activation from the Home button…
- Go to the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Find an empty spot on the screen and long press on it;
- After a few seconds, swipe left;
- Identify the toggle that will turn off Bixby;
- Tap on it and return to the Home screen.
The next time you will press the Home button of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, Bixby will no longer activate.
To completely disable Bixby from Galaxy S8/S8 Plus…
- Access the general Settings of the device;
- Select the Applications menu;
- Tap on All Applications;
- Find Bixby and tap on it;
- Tap on its dedicated Disable option;
- You will see a warning message informing you that this is a built-in app and disabling it might trigger errors with other apps;
- Tap on the Disable button to confirm.
And that was all. Enjoy using the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus without Bixby. But remember, if you notice that some other apps are acting weird, it could be because of deactivating it. Follow the above steps to reenable Bixby, if necessary!