So, your brand-new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus looks so cool that everybody wants to have a look at it? We bet you’re not quite comfortable having all these people using your smartphone just to see how it works and feels. If you don’t want to be rude but you’d like to keep your private information private, you can use the Private Mode to hide from prying eyes whatever matters more to you.
Hide is the perfect word to describe how this works. Imagine that you just grab those personal photographs and move them to the Private Mode. You shut it off and then, it’s like the photos are no longer on your phone. They’re nowhere to find! Not even you, the owner of the device, can’t see them, as long as the Private Mode is turned off.
Also known or referred to as the Secure Folder, this mode is the easy way to lock up in plain sight all kinds of media files. They are right there and still, only those who activate the Private Mode and – pay attention! – know the access code will be able to make it to the Secure Folder and see what’s inside of it. Feel like your fingers are already itching you to try this out? Well, let’s get you started.
Enable the Private Mode:
- Start from the Home screen panel;
- Swipe the Notification Shade downward, with two fingers;
- Find the Private Mode icon and tap on it.
The first time you do it, expect to set up the access code and to go through a short introductory tutorial. Beginning with the second time you access it, however, you will just have to type in the password and you’re good to go.
Disable the Private Mode:
- From your current window, just swipe downward, with two fingers, from the top of the screen;
- When the Quick Settings menu extends on the screen, look for the Private Mode icon;
- Tap on that icon once again and you’re out of the Secure Folder, with your photos well hidden.
Add new files:
Between the two actions from above, you’ll obviously have to move some media files into your Secure Folder. Here’s the easy way to do it:
- Turn on the Private Mode;
- Navigate to the folder where you keep your personal photos, videos, or other media files;
- Select everything you want to add to the Secure Folder;
- Tap on the Overflow menu button and select Move to Private;
- Make sure you use the option to make those files exclusively viewable for the Private Mode;
- Turn off the Private Mode.
That’s all it takes to start enjoying this extremely useful feature on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus right away!