It can always be an issue when you lose your smartphone and you cannot find where it is. It could simply be around your furniture in your house but you just can’t find it. It could sometimes being the club or the supermarket but it is on silent and cannot find it. We will show you some steps you can take in order for you to find your lost Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. You can use the guide below in order to find your phone on Google Maps. If you lose your phone or it gets stolen, you are also able to wipe all your data and lock it so no one gets your information. Take these precautions in order to protect your information.
Locating your Lost Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
There are two different things you can use in order to use your phone when you are not near it. You can use the Android Device Manager that is made by Google and you can only use if your Gmail/Google account is signed into on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. You can also use Find my Mobile made by Samsung. You are able to use this method as long as you are using a Samsung account on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Locating your lost Samsung Galaxy S8 (Method 1):
This step is for how to use Android Device Manager in order to find your lost Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. This service can be used on whatever browser you want since it is an online service. It can help you find your device if it has been taken you have given up trying to find it.
You can also wipe and lock all of the information on your device and also make your device ring when it is on silent so you can find it. Your device will start ringing until you find it as long as five minutes at the highest volume and you can then click the power button to turn it off.
- You can start by going to Android Device Manager.
- You can put in your credential for a Google Account once a login screen shows up and you can log in to the account.
- You will see a name and a map for your device.
- You can use that to either wipe the data, lock it, locate the phone on the map, or increase the volume to max
You can use the other method if you do not have a phone that is logged on to a Google account which uses Samsung account so you can do actions when you are not near it to remotely find your lost Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Locating, wiping, and ringing your lost Samsung Galaxy if it gets lost (Method 2)
You can do actions remotely on your smartphone using the Samsung Account method. You may not be able to find a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus if it is silent and it will not ring when it is being called.
- You are able to use the option of Ring my Phone. Even if you Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is on vibration or silent, your device will ring at the maximum volume.
- You can also find your device on the map using this method.
- You are also able to erase all personal data such as contacts and pictures if you have given on up and you think it got stolen.
- You can use the Samsung “Find My Mobile” to also remove payment methods and registered cards on the lost Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- You can also unlock or lock your device by using this service.
We will show you can you can use the service.
- You can start by going to Samsung Find my Mobile.
- You can then use your credentials for your Samsung account to login. You can use the find password/email option if you are not able to remember your password or email. You can find this button below the sign in.
- You will notice that there are a variety of options that you can use in order remotely find your phone after you signed in.
- Click on the “locate my device” option if you want to know where on the map your phone is and it will show the location of your device and where it was before.
- You can also wipe all the data in your phone such as payment details and credit cards if you have given up on trying to get back your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- If there is still hope, and it is just misplaced, you are able to increase the volume to max to try finding it instead of rearranging your whole house to find it. You can use the “Ring my device” option in order to increase the volume of you device.