You will require a Samsung account if you are to access the features on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus smartphone. Although you have the option of using whichever email address you may have, it would be easier to user a Google Account because it would be easy to remember.
Adding a Samsung Account
For downloading and installing any apps on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, you will have to use to use your Samsung account. This account also comes in handy especially when you are tracking your device in case you lose it. Using Samsung’s Find My Mobile Device, you can lock or unlock your device remotely.
Alternatively, you may decide to wipe clean your smartphone remotely as long as you have registered a Samsung account. You can learn to add an account on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphones.
- On your Homescreen, click on the Apps icon
- Locate and open the Settings
- Scroll down to locate the section for Accounts
- Click to add account
For a Samsung account, choose the option which appears first:
- Enter your username and a password.
- Click on the option to Sign In
You will be asked to choose whether or not you would like to receive offers and updates from Samsung. To accept, simply click on Agree or disregard this by clicking on Later.
Note: You will have an option to create a new Samsung account if you do not have one by selecting Create Account. From here, you will be directed to another page where you can now create a new account.
Updating Samsung Account Information
Since you now have the knowledge about creating and adding a Samsung account, it is important that you also learn how to update your personal information for that particular account. You can update information such as your full names, your date of birth, billing information, addresses as well as phone numbers.
You can also change the password and add some device information to your Samsung account. How can you do all this? We will show you how.
- Open the Apps icon from your Homescreen
- Locate and click on the settings
- Open the Account settings
- From here click on Samsung account and select on the Profile
- Create your password and click on Confirm
- Touch on the specific tab that you would like to update. Now click on the icon shaped like a pencil at every account entry you want to update and then hit confirm after completing every update.
- Once done, simply tap on close
Adding a Google Account
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus is a Google Operating System run Android device. As always you are required to have a Google account if you are to access any system related stuff. This is especially crucial when downloading and installing apps from Google Play Store. This account could also be used as your Gmail account.
If you happen to accidentally trip the Factory Reset Protection, this account can come in handy. The importance of a Google account cannot be overemphasized and as such, you should take it seriously and always memorize the password so you do not forget it in any case.
- Click to open the Apps menu from the Apps icon
- Open the Settings
- Locate the Accounts section and Add Account
- From here, choose Google
- Type in your Google email and click on Next
- Now enter a password that you can remember later on and once again hit on Next
- Choose to Agree to the Terms and Conditions by tapping on Agree.
Also to be noted; To create a new account just tap on the link or you can choose to create a new account which is the alternative to entering a username. This should take you to another page.
Turning on Syncs for all accounts
With all the accounts already set up, you should consider turning on the syncs for all of them. This will be relevant when you want data on the accounts updated. For example, you can choose to update synchronize the calendar schedules and your Samsung account. To do this, simply turn on the calendar sync in Samsung account. You can turn on syncs by following the guide below;
- Once again, click on the Apps icon from your Homescreen and locate the settings
- Browse through the settings and choose on Accounts
- Select a specific account
- Tap on the switch that appears to the right of the any information you would like to sync
- Once you get here, you are done.
If by any chance you have no idea on how to remove accounts that you added, simply follow the steps provided below;
- Click on Apps from the Homescreen
- Browse through and click on Accounts
- Select the account that you would like to remove. For the purpose of this guide, lets choose to remove a Google Account
- From your Google Account page, tap on More from the top-right corner of the page
- Select to remove account
- To confirm this action, click on Remove Account form the pop-up dialog box.