Samsung’s TouchWiz is one of the very best overlays on the market right now. It’s not cumbersome and it looks and feels very elegant to use. One of the problems with this application is the amount of storage it used up. 8.2GB will be taken from your storage if you want to keep TouchWiz on your phone.
If you would prefer the plain android setup and want to get around having to use TouchWiz, here we explain how you can remove this overlay from your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Users of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus should decide early on whether they like TouchWiz or not. Getting rid of it involves performing a factory reset, and this is best done when you first purchase the phone. This process will remove all contacts, files and data from your device, so it’s best to ensure you backup all essential files before you go through with it.
- First, go to
- Then find and select Backup and reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset device.
- The phone will reboot when the process is complete.
Disable Samsung apps
Next you can try getting rid of all the Samsung apps and excess TouchWiz apps that most users will never really use.
- Go to Setting
- Now Tap
- Tap Force stop and then disable all the apps that you will never use.
- Continue the above steps until you have erased all the least needed apps.
Get Google Now Launcher instead
Now you can replace TouchWiz with a better replacement system. Google Now Launcher is the one we suggest. Other options may offer various features, but Google Now Launcher is a safe bet.
- Find and open the Play Store app on your phone.
- Now browse and locate the Google Now Launcher.
- Go through the steps to download it.
- Ensure you opt to set it as the default option when prompted.
- The same thing can be done for other google apps like the Google camera and Messenger.
If you dislike TouchWiz, this is the best way to avoid using it on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus