Just because you can select a new ringtone from the list of predefined options provided by your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, it doesn’t mean you’re using a custom ringtone. How about you create a unique ringtone, for an alarm or someone special in your agenda, consisting of a song that you really love?
That’s what we call setting a custom ringtone and that’s what we are about to teach you in this super-short tutorial. Are you ready?
The essentials of how to set custom ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus:
Featuring the popular TouchWiz technology, your smartphone just made such processes much easier than before. As suggested, your new custom ringtone can be associated not just with a particular contact, but also with a reminder or a text message. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Dialer app window;
- Select your preferred contact;
- Tap on the pen-shaped icon next to the name field;
- Look for the Ringtone button in the window that will launch and tap on it;
- You should see a popup with all the ringtone sounds currently available on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, listed in there;
- Browse through those songs and pick something you want to use;
- If you cannot find anything that you like, use the “Add” button and browse through your smartphone until you find a great song and select it.
All these steps completed, the next time your contact will reach out, the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus that you’re using will play the newly selected custom ringtone. Of course, every other call from other contacts will be accompanied by the phone’s default ringtone.
The custom tune is only associated with the contacts that you manually edit. But that’s a good thing since it will give you even more options to personalize your contacts and attribute different songs to different persons. So, from now on, when the phone will ring, you’ll instantly know who’s calling!