The new Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are by no means slow, but they can be made even faster with a couple of really easy and quick actions. These are two of the fastest phones on the market, but all smartphones tend to slow down over time.
You may have heard of techniques that involve new launchers, custom software, rooting and other technical processes. The method we describe here is very simple and easy enough for anyone to follow.
Whether this is your first android phone, or you have been using android devices for years, this process will not more than a few minutes and is sure to bring meaningful results to the performance of your phone. This technique can actually be applied to previous versions of the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, as well as many Samsung tablets.
There is a secret set of options within your device that can be used to access various functions within your phone. One of the things we will be altering is the transition speed. This is the impressive graphic that appears when you move from app to app.
How To Speed Up Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus In Seconds
Follow these instructions to access the hidden options. There is no penalty or reason why users cannot access these options. It is simply a case of them being so rarely needed, that the designers’ feel they can be “hidden” to save on clutter and confusion.
- First, we need to access the hidden developer settings. This will not take any advanced knowledge of programming or IT codes. All users should be able to follow these instructions.
- Drag the notification bar down to open the menu. Then touch the Cog wheel to open settings.
- In settings, search and find “System”and then touch the “About Device”.
- It will say “Build Number”. Touch this button 7 times.
- The hidden developer menu will open up once you have completed this action correctly.
- Here you can follow the advice below to adapt the settings and speed up the processing of the phone.
Speed Up Your Device
Once you have this menu open, there are three sections that need to be altered. Follow these steps to do them in the right order.
- Have the setting open.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Then scroll down. A little down the page are the options Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale, and lastly Animator Duration Scale.
- These control the rate of transitions. They are all set to the standard 1X default setting. If you slow them down, the transitions will be more enhanced and this will slow down the phone. The faster they are, the less processing they need. Turn them down or off completely.
- Try turning them down to 0.5x first.
- Go to the home screen and try to open a game or several apps. You’ll notice the transition speed is much faster. All users should notice an improvement in the feel and smoothness of the phone after making this change.