There may be a random time where bad things may happen so you should always be ready. Just in case, if you have the brand new Samsung Galaxy S8, using the emergency mode could be the best-case scenario.
For people who are unaware, people usually use this when they are in those certain times where the phone must conserve as much battery while it is on standby.
There could be a variety of things. You could have been stuck somewhere and you need help immediately or you are lost and nowhere near where you are familiar.
Enabling the emergency mode on the Galaxy S8:
- Click and hold the power button.
- Next, click on the emergency mode.
- Click on the box to agree to the systems term of conditions.
- Click on Agree.
- Click on Enable.
- The Galaxy S8 will then go to the gray scale screen with having no more than six apps on your home screen. Your device’s performance will be a bit limited and you will only have the change to use it for emergency calls.
- Click on More that is in the top corner of your display to have emergency mode disabled.
- Click on disable emergency mode.
Did your Galaxy S8 smartphone get a little bit better when you enabled SOS mode. Take a look at the following steps in order learn what you can do for the same reason of enabling SOS messages on the Galaxy S8.
But, some people actually want to turn the emergency alerts off on your Samsung Galaxy S8. However, it is not recommended to do this and you should look at the guide below in order to avoid the issue.
Users of Samsung Galaxy S8 for Verizon:
- Initially, you need to have the settings app opened first and then launch the app starting at the home screen or the app drawer.
- Next, click on Privacy & Emergency.
- Click on emergency alerts.
- Click on Settings that is in the top corner of your display.
- Click on Alert types.
- All you need to do is click on the toggle that is close to the alert type to turn it off or on.
Users of Samsung Galaxy S8 T-Mobile or AT&T:
- First, your Settings app must be launched.
- Then, click on Applications.
- Next, click on Messages.
- Then, click on the settings for emergency alert.
- Lastly, click on the toggle that is close to alert type to turn it off or on like you want.