If you’re a new user of a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, here’s one important thing you should know. With Samsung’s latest flagship, the previously-known Silent Mode changed its name into Priority Mode. Of course, it is not the same thing but rebranded, since this mode is actually adding some changes to what we all know that the Silent Mode used to do.
It might feel a bit more difficult to understand, it might take some extra time to grasp all its features, but once you learn its ropes, you’ll start loving it. The flexibility it comes with will provide you a whole new experience and, depending on how much you need to be selective with the apps and contacts you want to hear of when keeping the phone on Silent, the Priority Mode will be a great asset.
The name says it all – this mode will help you prioritize the alerts and notifications you can receive when keeping it on.
To turn On Priority Mode For Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Simply tap on the Volume button;
- From the pop-up dialog box that should open, select the Priority entry;
- Take some time to adjust the options listed underneath its name, by using the plus and minus buttons.
To make sure that the Priority Mode is active…
- Look at the notification bar for the small star icon;
- As long as it is there the Priority Mode is active and, when it disappears, the mode is disabled.
To control your apps from the Priority Mode…
- All you have to do is change the status of the apps that you want to be able to receive notifications from even when in Priority Mode;
- Go to Settings;
- Navigate to Sounds and Notifications;
- Select the App Notifications;
- From the list that will open up, tap on the toggles of those apps you need and switch their status to Priority.
To adjust the settings of the Priority Mode…
- First, activate the Priority Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus;
- Then, when you see the star icon showing up on the Notification bar, tap on it;
- From there, you will get to the settings of the Priority Mode, where you can adjust the particularities of reminders and events, messages and calls and other features – just tap on their toggle switches to activate whatever you need;
- While you’re there, use the Priority Mode wall of silence and determine what contacts you’d like to still be able to call you when this mode is active;
- When the particular details are set up, do not forget about selecting the periods of time when you want this mode to automatically turn off or on – choose the days, the start and end times, and whatever else you have at hand in there.
After that, enjoy the new, revamped Silent Mode – aka Priority Mode – on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus!