Many Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users rely on their smartphones for listening to music, watching online documentaries or even movies. While the screen of Samsung’s latest flagship is more than generous in size, there’s no such thing as a big enough screen. Except for when it’s your TV’s screen. Can you screen mirror the content of your smartphone on a TV? Of course, you can and you are about to learn how to do so from this guide!
From all the options available out there, we decided to recommend you an easy one, known as the MHL support. Those who tried it and complained about it were definitely dealing with a more challenging software available on the phone. Our guide, however, is nothing like that and we’re about to show you just how easy it is. Below detailed are the two simplest ways of screen mirroring a Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus on a TV with the previously mentioned MHL support:
Galaxy S8 screen mirroring with hard-wired connection:
- Buy an MHL adapter – don’t pick the first model you find but rather do some research and make sure you pick something suitable for your model of smartphone;
- Use the adapter to attach it to the Galaxy S8 port – again, make sure you insert it into the correct port;
- Power up the adapter by connecting it to a power supply;
- Get a standard HDMI cable and use it to set up the connection between the phone and the TV screen – one end will plug into the MHL adapter already inserted into the smartphone and the other end will go into the TV’s HDMI socket;
- Use the TV’s remote to flip to the HDMI channel and you should be able to screen mirror the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus content on the TV.
Tip for analogue TV owners – if you have such a TV, you will have to rely on a special adapter from HDMI to composite!
Galaxy S8 screen mirroring with wireless connection:
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, the wireless capability is already an option, so you’re free to start using it right away. If not, you will need to purchase a Samsung AllShare Hub. Only after you have it, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Connect the AllShare Hub to the TV with a regular cable, the HDMI type;
- Connect the smartphone and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Then, take your Samsung and access its general Settings;
- Navigate to the Screen Mirroring submenu and activate it.
Now you can enjoy screen mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus any way you want!