The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are a good phone but some have registered complaints that the notification for the messages is not functioning as required. And this is after performing all the required settings steps. If you are a new user in regard to this gadget, you don’t have to worry; you can easily fix the problem since this is a simple setting change that has led to the problem. Here is how to correct the hitch in the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. There are several methods on how to fix this settings issues and they are explained bellow.
Solution 1: Reboot the Device
This method involves very short steps but has offered solutions for a number of times and it is believed that it is still works. Long press on both the power key and the volume up key to force a reboot or restart and only release the buttons pressed until the phone vibrates. After the vibration, the phone will switch off and restart and begin the reboot. Try to see if the notifications sounds have started working.
Solution Two: Change the Notifications Sounds
Rebooting the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus may not provide a permanent solution the problem may not be with the phone but it can be with the notification sound that you are using changing the sounds can work and solve the issue, so you can try changing the notification of the text to see if the other can work. Some of the users may not be able to effect this change but it is very simple and short, just follow the below short procedure.
- Touch on the app’s icon on the home screen
- Go to settings and choose Vibrations and sounds
- Find the notifications sounds options
- Select default notification sound and then choose from the list on your preferred choice of sound
Solution Three: Ensure that the Silent or the Vibration Mode is off
When the Silent mode and vibration feature is enabled in the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus Is enabled, the sounds cannot work, it is important to make sure that they are switched off. To check if this is so here are the steps to do so in case you do not know how to do so.
- To begin with push on the volume catch situated in sideways of the gadget to confirm the sound
- Next, diminish the volume till vibration symbol shows up on the screen. This will actuate the vibration mode and the symbol will show up in the warning bar.
- So also, continue lessening the volume till noiseless symbol shows up on the notice bar which says your gadget is in quiet mode.
- Presently, swipe down the notice bar and tap on settings
- There tap on extra volume settings from the Quick settings menu
- Tap on sounds and vibration now and modify the sounds as required.
Solution Four: The Notification may be Blocked
The notification in the Galaxy S8+ Plus may not be working because it could be blocked. To check if it is blocked you have to proceed to the
- Settings column and then you find the applications
- Tap on the application manager and then choose the message icon
- Click the message icon to find out if there is blocking enabled if it is so, go back and start the procedure again as above.
- On the settings category of the lock screen, tap on the “Lock screen and Security” then change to switch it on if it was really blocked.
Solution Five: Confirm with the Game Tools
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus has the ability to be installed with games, remember that the games have their own issues and they are just apps like the rest of the apps in the phone and the notification problem may arise just after you have stopped playing a game. Sometimes you may have diverted all the notifications sounds to the Game tools and that is why your notifications are not working in order. To set the sounds in regard to the games apps; Go to the settings and opt for the advanced settings then tap on the “Games and games tools” make the required changes that you want from the section.