For those that want to start using Ok Google on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, the virtual assistant can be a very useful tool to help get things done daily. But some people have been saying OK Google not working on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
For those that are using Galaxy S8 OK Google for the first time, the reason that it doesn’t respond to you is because you need to enable it before your voice assistant can start helping you. Don’t worry, below we’ll be explaining different methods that you can fix OK Google not working on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. The process is very simple and will only take a few minutes to complete.
If it’s the first time you’re using it, there’s no wonder it doesn’t respond – have you actually activated the option that lets the device respond to your voice commands from any running app or window?
Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus: OK Google Not Working Solution
- Turn on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Launch the Google app and go to edit the Settings in the Menu option
- Go to the extended Menu and tap on the Settings option
- Below the Google App settings, select on the Voice submenu
- Now tap on OK Google Detection
- Browse and tap on “From Google Search App” and “From any screen”
- Next make these option to ON and then go back to Voice submenu;
- Double check to have the selected language set to English (US) and then leave the menu.
Once you’ve followed the steps from above, you should fix the OK Google not working problem on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. With this feature now enabled, it can make your daily life much easier and more efficient.