Have you recently tried to use the OK Google voice command without success? This handy feature is usually pretty straightforward, which means that there are only a few things that you can suspect when your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus doesn’t seem to respond to the Okay Google command. In this short tutorial, we will show you exactly where to go and what settings to check in order to identify a potential problem.
As you will probably soon discover, it is mostly a matter of settings. Whether you don’t have the right language activated or the detection feature isn’t turned on, there’s nothing you shouldn’t be able to fix with a few taps on the screen.
To fix “OK Google” voice command not working on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Launch the Google app;
- Go to the top left area of the app and tap on the 3-bar icon to access the menu;
- Select Settings;
- Navigate to Voice;
- Tap on “OK Google” Detection;
- Look for the options labeled as “From any screen” and “From Google Search App”;
- Make sure that both options are switched to On or switch them if they’re not;
- Return to the previous Voice sub-menu;
- Look at the Language option and make sure it is set to English (US);
- Leave the menus and start using the Okay Google voice command right away.
With these simple tweaks, any Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus+ smartphone should be able to execute your OK Google voice commands in no time!