The Private Mode is a pretty popular term among the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus users. Unfortunately, not all of them are making the distinction and realize that there’s a private mode for navigating the web and a private mode for operating on your smartphone. In today’s article, we’d like to talk to you about the latter option, one that is less known, despite being a built-in feature of the phone.
Otherwise said, right now, as you are reading these lines, your smartphone has everything it takes to protect your most important files, with… a special password. Did all your enthusiasm just disappear? You don’t think that a password is a cool way to keep your photos, videos, or other private documents… private? Then it means that you haven’t heard what the Private Mode of Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus can do for you…
- The Private Mode is also often referred to as the Secure Folder;
- It has nothing to do with online navigation, but with what and when becomes visible or private on your smartphone;
- You can use it to hide all kinds of files in all kinds of formats, photos, videos, and more;
- It works with a password, a Pin or an unlock code that you can personally select;
- As long as you know the password, you can turn the Private Mode on, add files to the Secure Folder or remove files from the Secure Folder, and then deactivate the Private Mode and lock your protected files away from the intrusive eyes.
The first time when you use the Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Plus…
- You need to swipe down with two fingers instead of one, from the top of the Home screen;
- In the newly opened menu that covers most of the display, find and tap on the Private Mode dedicated icon;
- Go through the introductory tutorial and get to know your options even better;
- Set up the password you’re planning to use with your Secure Folder from now on;
- Add whatever files you wish to hide;
- Leave the Private Mode by tapping, once again, its dedicated icon within the Quick Settings menu.
When you want to edit the content of the Secure Folder within the Private Mode…
- You need to follow the usual steps and activate the Private Mode – as long as it is turned off, the folder is invisible and no one can navigate to it or access its content, not even you;
- After you have used your password and entered the Private Mode, you can browse your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus until you find the file you want to add;
- Select the file or the files, if you plan to work in bulk;
- Tap the Overflow menu button that should be available in the upper-right corner;
- Use the Move to Private option.
From this moment on, whatever you have selected and moved to private will be visible exclusively within the Private Mode. When you access the Quick Settings menu, tap on its icon, and type in the password, you’re in. The folders are visible and editable, you can open them and use them however you need. When you’ve finished working on your Secure Folder, with just one swipe and one tap on the Private Mode icon within the Quick Settings menu, you’re out. You do that and the files become invisible even for you.
That way, you can give up on using a password just to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Give yourself more freedom and keep the password for the things that really matter and that you don’t access hundreds of times a day!