So, you have deleted some photos by mistake and you had no backup in the Cloud? Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus might still be able to recover those images, provided you know exactly how to act and you act promptly. You see, with data recovery, it is all about using the appropriate software and doing your best not to overwrite anything on the device prior to performing the data recovery scan.
In today’s article, we’d like to show you what you can do when your photos are gone. You will need, as suggested, a special software such as the Android Data Recovery or the Dr Fone for Android. We will focus on the latter in this short tutorial, so keep on reading.
Aside from Dr Fone for Android, you will need a computer and an USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus to the PC and restore the data on it. At this point, you should probably know that these tools are just as good for recovering any other type of lost data, like text messages or videos.
The preparation stage:
- Activate the Airplane mode or manually turn off the mobile data and Wi-Fi – you don’t want the smartphone to run anything in the background and you need to stop this as soon as you have discovered that you have accidentally lost the photos;
- Go to the PC and download the Dr Fone for Android file recovery software that you will use to retrieve the data from the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus;
- Launch the program and follow the suggested prompts to install it on the computer;
- Return to the smartphone and access the Developer Options menu to enable the USB Debugging mode – read this guide on how to enable the Developer Mode if you need extra details.
The image-restore stage:
- With the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus connected to the PC, you have enabled the USB Debugging mode on the phone;
- The already Dr. Fone for Android app launched on the PC will notify you, right at the bottom of the app, that the USB Debugging is now enabled and opened;
- From this point, you will have to follow the instructions on the screen – the software will scan your device and come up with a list of files you can recover from it;
- Then, select the files you want to restore and use the Recover button to initiate the process.
The steps are extremely simple, as you can see. But the number of pictures, from the ones you have accidentally deleted, you will be able to recover will very much depend on whatever you did on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus prior to running this scan. The more actions you do, the higher are the chances for something to overwrite on where your deleted photos were stored.
Nevertheless, the Dr Fone for Android and the Android Data Recovery are two of the best tools you could use and chances are you will get back those images with ease!