A smartphone can easily be considered a small computer nowadays; you only have to know how to take good care of it. Precisely, your fixed job should be to optimize your smartphone such that it automatically restarts itself at specific times. Be careful however as all unsaved data will be lost when your device restarts. Despite that, restarting your device at particular times allows your device’s performance to return to optimal therefore releasing some much needed RAM.
And this is practically the same when it comes to your Galaxy S8 device. Restarting your smartphone is one of the best ways of keeping your phone running with less problems from the system as well as ensuring that all new apps and updates are working at optimum.
Auto restart ensures the health of your Galaxy S8 by ensuring your device gets a regular restart, so that you don’t always have to worry about doing it manually. This function is also important as it also prevents your phone from restarting at inconvenient times, such that it only happens when your screen is OFF and the smartphone is not in use. You should however ensure that there is at least 30% of power remaining.
Samsung provides you with the option of restarting your Galaxy S8 just to ensure its performance is always at optimum. The problem is that the Korean based company has hidden the auto restart option in the back up & reset menu in the settings page.
As a matter of fact, this is not the most frequented places by users unless those seeking to factory reset their smartphones. As such, the auto restart option has been under the radar in such instances, but here’s a way you can solve this on your Galaxy S8;
Scheduling the auto restart on your Galaxy S8
- Open on the Settings menu
- Browse for the Backup & Reset option
- Select the auto restart option under Device Management tab
- You should know that by default, the auto restart function is always set at 3 AM on Mondays. However, you can always choose to change it, but you should consider a particular time at night since you want a faster, smoother Galaxy S8 device in the morning
- Toggle it to ON and your Samsung Galaxy S8 handset will automatically restart at that defined time.