For those that own the new smartphone from Samsung, it’s a good idea to know how to fix virus infection warnings on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus virus warnings is a pop-up that shows up on your screen saying that your device has been infected with a virus.
For those that don’t have an anti-virus app on your device, you may want to click on the ‘get help’ button, but please don’t do this as it’ll make things worse. Below we’ll explain how to fix virus infection warning on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Fixing Virus Infection Warnings on Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S8
- Most of the time you might think that that this virus infection warning is not accurate. But be careful not to click on any links or buttons that will send you to a different page that will instantly download an APK file to your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Other times it’s just some random app and it helps the advertiser get paid for ever app that is downloaded on someones phone.
- It’s highly recommended that you avoid touching anything on the pop-up screen and you should just close the browser all together to avoid any damages to your phone.
It’s been suggested by some that these pop-ups show up the next time you use it. If this is the case for your, we recommended that you clear the cache and data to erase anything that was stored on your browser. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the Apps icon
- Tap on Settings
- Select on Applications
- Tap on Application Manager
- Go to All tabs and find the Internet app
- Tap on Force Close
- Finally tap on Storage and go to clear cache and data on your device
In addition, it’s suggested that you install an anti-virus app from the Play Store that will prevent these kind of viruses from showing up on your smartphone. If you believe serious damage could be done, then you can also complete a factory reset of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
As mentioned earlier, it’s important that you don’t click on any links or buttons on from the Virus Infection Warnings. In addition, you should avoid browsing websites that are blocked.