If your mobile data plan isn’t the most generous out there, using a wireless network whenever you have the chance is a great option. But what do you do when your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus seems to have successfully connected to a wireless network only to drop the connection right after that? If you keep losing the Wi-Fi connection, you will soon enough prefer not to use it at all, it is that annoying.
Of course, this isn’t a reason to conclude that your smartphone is worthless. There are a few steps you can follow, simple steps that require no special tech knowledge, and that might actually help you to overstep this kind of issue. So, do not lose hope yet! Here’s what you need to do instead:
- Turn off everything and head to the main screen of the device;
- In there, access the Settings menu;
- Look for the Privacy and Safety section and access it;
- Tap on the Location option – make sure its status is On;
- Then, select the Location Method – make sure it is set to “GPS only”;
- Also, tap on Improve Accuracy;
- And, before you leave, turn OFF the Wi-Fi Scanning feature.
With all these settings in place, your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus or Samsung Galaxy S8 should work much better, without dropping the Wi-Fi connection repeatedly.