If your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus lets you store all your favorite songs and listen to them in different contexts, why wouldn’t it give you more freedom with using those songs? That’s right, we’re talking about setting custom alarms and ringtones with your all-time favorite songs.
If you want to wake up on samba rhythms or hear the Sympathy for the Devil tune whenever your boss is calling, you can do all that and a lot more! You’d be surprised by how much flexibility will a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus device give you when it comes to selecting the coolest alarm tones and ringtones out there.
So, forget about having to deal with the dreadful built-in ringtones or cluttering the phone with even more alarm apps downloaded from the Google Play Store. Pick your own music, set your own terms, and enjoy your smartphone more than ever!
The options you have at hand
If you really want to change the current ringtones and alarm tones, you can:
- Use, like mentioned, a third-party app that does just that, bring up a different selection of tunes you can use according to your preferences;
- Use a mp3 song already stored on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus;
- Use a PC to download on it all your favorite songs and then, with a USB cable or the Android File Transfer (the latter is for Mac users) take those songs to your smartphone and set them as custom ringtones.
The detailed steps on how to use custom music for your Alarm tone:
- Launch the Clock app, either from one of the Home screen panels or from the App tray – you know better where exactly you have set its shortcut;
- Open the alarm you want to personalize and access its editing screen;
- In there, select the Alarm tone feature;
- You will see a list of default songs ending with the Add button;
- Tap on the Add button and browse the device until you find the mp3 you wish to add;
- Tap on the Done button in the end.
And that was it. From now on, when the alarm you just edited will start ringing it will use the custom song you have previously selected.
One special feature that many users don’t know, however, is the one labeled as “Auto recommendations”. With this option checked, the alarm will not play the intro of the selected song, which is mostly instrumental and possibly very slow. Instead, it will highlight the loudest part of the song or what appears to be a sequence of higher intensity.
Considering that you’re using the song for a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus alarm, you will probably prefer a tune that won’t make you sleep even better, but rather wake you up and set your senses into motion. With this particular feature, you’re going to do just that – enjoy the best part of the song, to start your mornings in the best possible way!