Everyone is happy with the return of the MicroSD card in the Samsung Galaxy S8. Although 32 GB of storage is such a huge capacity, it is not surprising that average mobile users can get it all used up in just a short while. This is especially the case for those of us who love taking photos.
If you realize that a lot of your storage space is being taken up by the images, it can help to simply move the pictures folder to an SD card on your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone.
Once you open insert the SD into your device, you will be prompted to choose your default storage for your images. When you select to store them in the SD, all the photos you take from that moment will always be stored in the SD card. The only limitation comes when taking burst shots because your SD card will not keep up fast enough. However, if you did not select to store your images in the SD card, you can do that at this moment.
Setting your camera to save to SD card
Let us start by setting the SD card to be our default storage for images shot on your camera.
- Launch the Camera app and click on the gear shaped icon
- Choose the Storage Location
- Choose to the SD Card
Moving the images folder to the SD card
The process of moving the pictures folder to your SD card is an easy one and you can complete it in a few moves as shown below;
- Go to the Settings and choose on Storage & USB.
- Browse through and click on Explore
- From here, you are using the file manager
- Proceed to move the images folder to the SD card by simply taping on the menu and choosing Copy to SD card
Move images to the SD card on the S8
- Go to the Apps and open My Files from Samsung
- Highlight all the images from the file types and then click on More
- Click on Edit then select individuals, all folders and files. Choose to Move, then SD card
With the Samsung Galaxy S8, you have the option of moving files from the phone storage to the SD card inside the image gallery itself as shown below;
- Go to the image gallery and proceed to the Albums
- Click on the individual image or select multiple images by holding down on one of the images
- Click on More, copy or move the selected images
- Choose the folder which has the SD card icon