Sometimes the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus may show on the home screen that there exist applications but when the user taps on them, they can’t be launched. This is a problem that has been reported by many users of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The problem could be originating from the Touchwiz launcher and clearing its cache is the best way to deal with the problem on the phone. It is good for the user to understand that this process will clear all the data from the home screen and the launcher itself.
This means that the home screen will get back to its default and after this, you will be able to take back the apps to the positions you wish. To deal with this problem once and for all, follow the below guide to fix icons missing in launcher.
Fix Icons Missing In Launcher On Galaxy S8+ Plus And Galaxy S8:
- Select “Apps” on the home screen and tap on the “Settings”
- Opt for the applications and go for the “Apps manager”
- On the upper right side of the screen select “More” then you touch on “Show System Apps”
- Browse downwards to find the Touchwiz home key
- Select “Storage” and tap on the “Clear Data” key
- From now if you again tap on any app it will be able to launch as expected.