Many a time the problem of shutting down of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus has been reported by users even though the phone has never fallen down. There is a high chance that the problem is with the software within the Smartphone. After taking the phone through an update it is still shutting down unexpectedly.
If you are among the Galaxy S8 users who have faced the same problem, here is how to fix the problem of random shut down of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus without doing it yourself. This is not an issue that can be foregone because it is embarrassing to notice that your phone is off and you do not know when and how.
Trouble Shooting Galaxy S8+ Plus that shuts down on its own
Before you start, it is important to note that when a problem of this magnitude faces your phone you have to seek help from the technician if all of the methods that you are given below will not help to restore your Galaxy S8 back to its normal status.
Try to find out if the problem occurs when the phone has a stable power source
Maybe the battery in the Galaxy S8+ Plus has a problem such that it cannot hold power to sustain the needs of the Smartphone, the only way out to distinguish if it is the phone or the battery is to connect the phone to power output and use it while it charges. If the shutting down goes away and does not occur, then it means it was being caused by the battery and you should be planning to get a new battery for your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
One thing that you have to know is that the battery in the Galaxy S8+ Plus is no removable; if you get a new battery it’s advisable to get to a technician to help you fix the new battery on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Continue with the troubleshooting if the Galaxy S8+ Plus does not respond positively, and this is an indicator that the software of the phone has a problem.
Boot your Galaxy S8 into Safe Mode
The Samsung Galaxy S8 could be shutting down unexpectedly because there are some downloaded apps that are causing the phone to shut off and also it is difficult to determine if the software is in the category of the preloaded or those that were downloaded by the user. The best way to solve it is to restart the Smartphone on safe mode so as to find where the problem originates.
- Make a soft long press on the power button
- When the screen light up you have to let go the power button and instantly press the volume down key until the phone reboots completely
- Leave the button as soon as you see the safe mode at the bottom of the screen
- Monitor the phone while it is in its safe mode and if the Galaxy S8+ Plus continues to shut down, subsequently the problem exists in the applications and this is the time when you have to perform the same procedure of taking back the phone to safe mode. Try to remove the apps that you think could be causing the problem but this can be solved easily by factory resetting the phone but after backing up your data because data can be lost completely.
- Tap on the Applications icon on the home screen
- Look for the “Backup and Reset” and press to begin the process
- Tap on the “Factory data reset” button and then click “Reset Device”
- Enter the screen lock password and then touch on the “Delete all” button to start the activity
- Take the phone to the shop where you bought it
If you have performed all of the above procedure then it is important to take the phone back to the shop because the far you can go in finding a solution to the phone is by trying a hard factory reset but if this has proven not giving any solution then you have to seek help from the professionals because the problem could be with the hardware and there nothing you can do about it because it is more technical for you to fix the hardware problem on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.