You may have had some recent problems with your PC not being connected using the Samsung Galaxy S8. You may need to use the following steps below in order to have your device be shown as a MTP device and there are common issues.
- Cable Check
- You may need to try to use a different cable if that is possible. You may have a defect in the cable that you got when purchasing your device.
- Using Another Port
- You may need to use another port from your computer to connect your USB cable to.
- Software Installation
- The correct drivers should be installed and downloaded properly when you are using Windows. You can check that the right drivers are being installed for the latest Galaxy version phone by going to Samsung’s Support site.
- You can make your device run if you are using a Mac by going to downloading and installing Android File Transfer.
- Reinstall Option
You will need to have the Windows uninstalled in your Galaxy S8 so that is not detected in Windows. You can do this by looking at the steps below:
- Click and hold your Windows Key and click the “R” so that box for Run dialog will show up.
- Enter “msc“ and then click on Enter.
- Make the Portable Device and Other Device sections larger.
- Right click the “Unknown Device” or “Samsung Android” if you see it has “!” listed right next to it and then click on “Uninstall”.
- Choose the “Scan for hardware changes” on your Device manager window by right clicking on it. From there, your device will hopefully be detected.