I recently updated my phone and since, my Galaxy S8 no longer plays any sounds. I have already attempted restarting the device several times but still doesn’t fix the problem.
It acts as if the device has been muted but when I check the status of my volume, it’s at the maximum. I would like to know if the problem can be fixed or whether my problem is caused by secondary factors and not only firmware.
A lot of people have reported similar problems before. If you are certain the issue started right after the update then the updated might have corrupted your cache. You can try deleting the system cache and everything will normalize after that. Just follow the below steps.
- Power OFF your Galaxy S8
- Get the phone into Recovery Mode
- When the Samsung Galaxy logo appears, let go of the Power key but keep hold of the other 2 keys
- Hold until the Android logo pops up then release both buttons and leave your device for around 20-60 seconds
- Use the Volume Up key to highlight “wipe cache partition”
- Hit the Power button to select it
- Highlight the “Yes” pop up using the Volume Up button and hit the Power key to select it
- Wait for a few seconds until your Galaxy S8 completes wiping the cache partition. Once it finishes, highlight “reboot system now” then hit the Power key.
- The restart takes longer than usual so be patient until the process is done.