What can you do about the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus camera not working? One solution would be to take it to an authorized service and let the specialists have a look at it. But that would imply to wait for possibly a long time and even have to pay for it, in case the smartphone is no longer under warranty. If the issue is the “Warning! Camera error” message that keeps showing up, it is annoying enough that it prevents you from taking any photo or video. So, you probably want to solve it fast and solve it on your own.
Have you ever faced an issue with your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus camera not working? Most users would panic and take it to the nearest service center for repairs which albeit a smart move, also takes a lot of time for repair.
If your smartphone is no longer under warranty, it would mean shelling out a lot of money for repairs so before you reach that last resort, this article will guide you through ways you can fix your non-functional camera issue through few steps. It depends on the cause of your camera issue whether or not the fixes provided in this article will prove effective for your problem. Go through the following steps and see if they’re the right fix for your camera problems on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Have You Tried Restarting Your Phone?
You will be surprised by the number of times, it is not the camera’s issues but the Android software’s bug that can cause camera to be non functional for a bit. In such cases, just a quick restart might help your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus to retain its normal functionality! Simply turn off your phone, wait for few seconds and restart it. Often the system files come back to usual order fixing the error right away. If this does not fix your issue, follow through other methods provided in the article.
Camera App Reset
As discussed in the previous section, if resetting the phone doesn’t resolve your Camera issue on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, you may need to reset the Camera app. It is an easy process; just following the given steps will help you achieve that.
- First access your Android Application Manager
- Once you reach that section, click on the Notification shade
- Now select the Settings icon
- Tap on the Applications tab
- Here you’ll find a drop-down menu from which you need to tap on All Apps
- Scroll till you find the Camera app in this section
- Once you tap on the Camera app, it will open a new tab with Camera app information
- Now follow these steps as listed
- Force Stop the app
- Now click on Storage and then tap on Clear Cache option provided there
- Finally click on Clear Data feature
Now Allow Your Device To Restart
This fix works for most Android users, once your phone restarts, you will find your content intact. This method helps to reset and recover the resolution of your phone, fix the flash mode and other requisite settings. But after all this, if you still find issues with your Camera, maybe you need to try the next step.
Camera Module Check
In this step, you test your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus’s ability to access a setting. This will help you to understand what should be your next step. Given below are steps to check your camera module.
- Take your Samsung Galaxy S9 and click on the Service menu
- Now select the option labeled Mega Cam
- Once selected, you will be able to find a camera image that shows whether or not your camera module is functional
- No camera image means your module is broken and needs fixing
- If there is a camera image, you should proceed with troubleshooting the issue
You can try a factory reset and see if that helps you to avoid the “Camera Error! Warning” sign. If you’ve a warranty, rush to service center and get your camera module replaced. Try all the above listed options before going to service center, often times Camera problems on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus can be resolved by a simple reset.