We can only imagine how upset you are because of this Galaxy S9 email problem… And we don’t know if it brings any relief, but you’re not the only one in this situation. As praised (and expensive) as the all mighty Samsung Galaxy S9 is, turns out that the handset is not that “all” mighty. From time to time, issues occur and the one that relates to email attachments is particularly irritating. That’s because most Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus users rely on the email app.
Not being able to see the attachment of a personal email is one thing. Yet when the problem crosses the boundary of your professional life, and it’s work-related email attachments that you can’t read… Then you really have to look at the following potential fixes that we have compiled for you in here on how to fix cannot open email attachments on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus Cannot Open Email Attachments – Solutions:
- Run a software update
- Remove the email account and reconfigure
- Learn how to hard reset your phone
By searching for the latest version of operating system, you’re making sure that there’s no software issue interfering with your email app. To do so, you must:
- Start from the Home Screen;
- Go to the Apps icon and select it;
- Access the Settings menu;
- Open the About Device section;
- Look for the Software Update option and tap on it;
- Next, tap on Update Now.
Wait for the software upgrade to finish. Then, restart the phone, to make sure that all changes are in place. And finally, open the email app to see if, this time, you can download email attachments on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. Nothing changed?
The time has come to consider a potential glitch in the email account. Removing it and adding the same account soon after that can eliminate this option. Do not worry, you’re just deleting the email account from the Samsung Galaxy S9, but all your emails will stay untouched. And the moment you reconfigure your account on the phone, you regain access to it. Speaking of which, here’s how to tackle this second option of fixing the “cannot open email attachments” error:
- Back to the Home Screen, open up the same Apps menu;
- Head to the Accounts tab, where you will see your email account listed, along with any other account configured on the device;
- Select the email account that you wish to remove;
- Then, use the More button from the upper right corner of the app;
- Select Remove Account;
- Wait a second for the action to be performed;
- Next, use the Add account option located right beneath the list with active accounts, in the Settings menu;
- Select Email;
- Use your credentials to register the previously removed email account.
These instructions target, as you have probably concluded yourself, the Samsung Galaxy S9 stock email app. If you’ve been using a third-party email app, all you have to do is to uninstall it. When you install it once again, setting up the account should be a walk in the park. In case the result isn’t the one you were expecting and you still can’t open email attachments on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus…
Let’s just say you’ll have to take some time and familiarize yourself with the process of how to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy S9. Despite being a straightforward process that deletes everything, there are some preparatory steps that you don’t want to neglect. If you do, you risk losing all your data, assuming you had no backup in place. So, carefully read our suggested tutorial and try your luck. If the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus keeps messing with your email attachments after the hard reset… Ask the assistance of a Samsung technician, maybe it needs to be replaced…