Blurry pictures, not to mention videos, can be a real turn off, especially when you only had one chance to capture a very special moment. So, if you bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, specifically for its great camera, but ended up taking bad photos, we can only imagine how you feel about it. Truth to be told, the foggy captures of the Camera app are not a very uncommon topic among the Galaxy users out there.
In other words, you’re not the only one complaining about it, which means that others have been looking for a solution as well. Coming up next, you’ll get not one, but six different solutions that could work, depending on your situation of fixing blurry pics and videos on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. Try them all and don’t lose your patience if you’re not successful from the first steps!
6 Things You Should Try When Looking To Fix Blurry Pictures And Videos On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus:
- First things first, remove that nearly invisible protective plastic case that was attached to the camera lens and heart rate monitor on the assembly line – that’s something you should do right when you unpack the phone but, if you’ve forgotten, do not worry, it’s better later than never;
- After that, you should disable this option active by default, the Picture Stabilization feature of the camera app – the process is simple and you can always bring it back On, so, go ahead and try it for now;
- When the problem doesn’t go away, test it in Safe Mode – if necessary (meaning that you’re still getting blurry videos and pictures even in that special boot mode), clear the cache and the data of the Camera app;
- Try, even if just for comparison, a third-party camera app, to test the differences between that one and your stock app;
- Bring up to date the operating system version – it could also be a software issue that gets its solution in the next OS version;
- Factory reset the phone to rule out any software problem that might have occurred between unboxing your smartphone and the present time.
So far, we’ve outlined the main courses of action. Depending on how experienced you are with Android devices, chances are you know how to scan for and install a new OS version or how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. Using the Play Store for third-party options is even easier so, allow us a few words on the remaining troubleshooting options…
To Disable Picture Stabilization On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus, You Must:
- Open up the Camera app;
- Use the gear icon from the left side to go to Settings;
- Find the Picture Stabilization option listed in there;
- Change it from On to Off and leave the settings.
To Clear The Cache And The Data Of The Camera, You Must:
- Open up the Settings app;
- Select the Application Manager;
- Swipe to the All tab and select the Camera app;
- Clear the cache and the data of the app using the options listed in there.
To state the obvious, if you haven’t managed to fix the blurry videos and pictures on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus after all that… Get in touch with an authorized repair center, fast!