We can’t really say that it’s very common to forget the password to your smartphone, though it’s still possible. Even on devices like the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, users tend to forget what password they have set and end up in desperation. If you think of it, all your personal information is on that device and it’s all locked from you. The thought alone that you’d have to perform a hard factory reset only to unlock it, with the serious risk of losing those personal files, is unbearable.
We’d like to tell you that it won’t come to it and that you don’t have to factory reset the device in order to reset its password. But it might not be true, so, we don’t want to give you false hopes. Instead, we’re going to prepare you for all the possible alternatives.
- If you have an active Samsung account and you have previously registered the smartphone with it, you can use the popular Samsung Find My Mobile feature. It’s a part of the Remote Controls option and, just like its name suggests, it’s similar to Find My iPhone.
- If you have registered your smartphone with the Android Device Manager at any point in the past, you have that option too. The service is accessible via the internet, from any computer, and you just need to log in and work with the Lock and Erase option to set up a temporary password and get to unlock your phone.
- Sad but true, if you don’t have access to any of these, reading this guide on how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is the only option left for you. It would be ideal if you could back up your information and files first, but even an older backup will help you to partially restore your documents.
We’ve listed your options, you’re in a very delicate situation, so, let’s not waste the time with other details than the ones that will help you unlock the smartphone. With your permission, we will begin with the most extreme measure, saving the best for the last. It’s up to you in what order you choose to try out these options!
Forgot PIN Password On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus – The Factory Reset Solution:
- For this action, the smartphone must be turned off;
- Once it’s shut down, you can tap and hold these three keys: Volume Up, Power, and Home;
- Keep them pressed until the screen lights up and displays the Android icon, after which you can release the keys;
- In the following seconds, the device will boot into Recovery Mode, from where you can use the Wipe Data/Factory Reset menu – use the Volume Down key to jump from one menu entry to another and get to this one;
- After highlighting it, activate it with the Power button and just wait;
- Finally, when the reset is over, you can use the Reboot System Now to return to your unlocked phone in the normal running mode.
Forgot PIN Password On Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus – The Samsung Find My Mobile solution:
- With the phone registered with Samsung, you can use the Remote Controls to temporarily reset its password without resetting the entire device, so, go ahead and register with Samsung;
- Then, access the previously mentioned service – Find My Mobile – and reset the password;
- Finally, unlock the screen with that reset password and choose a new password for it.
Forgot PIN Password On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus – The Android Device Manager Solution:
- In order to activate the Lock feature from the Android Device Manager, you must open it on a computer;
- You’ll be asked to log in and to select your smartphone at the first step, after which you can select the Lock & Erase option;
- Follow the prompts on the screen to temporarily reset your password;
- With that new password, you’ll be able to unlock the screen and set up a different password for it.
Try them all, one of these solutions will get you over the forgotten PIN password on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus!