Some people are looking to back up their most important pictures taken with the camera on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. Others, who don’t really capture thousands of pictures, are more interested in protecting those photos from the prying eyes. Consequently, they are constantly looking for options on how to hide pictures on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus without actually removing them from the device.
By looking for options we obviously mean that they are prospecting different third-party apps claiming to do this. You know our opinion on installing apps that you don’t really need. And you also know we’re not recommending you a built-in app, service or feature, simply because it’s there.
In this particular case, when you are looking to learn how to hide pictures on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, we recommend you to use the Private Mode.
You’ve guessed, the Private Mode – also known as the Secure Folder on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus – is already on your smartphone. We particularly like about it the fact that it makes your photos invisible and that it protects them with a password. All you have to do is to:
- Activate and configure the built-in Private Mode option from your smartphone;
- Choose a good password to protect your Private Folder;
- Select the images you want to hide and leave the Private Mode when you want to make them invisible.
If You Want To Enable Private Mode So You Can Hide Pictures On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Extend the quick settings of your smartphone:
- Go to the Home Screen;
- Use two fingers to swipe down from the top to the bottom of the display;
- Select the Private Mode icon listed in there to bring it up;
- Configure the Private Mode when you use it for the first time:
- Be patient and carefully look at the first suggestions you’ll receive;
- Set up your PIN code when prompted to do so – make sure you won’t forget it because, from now on, this will be your access code to all the pictures you’ll be hiding.
When You Want To Actually Hide Pictures In Private Mode On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
Once you’re in the Private Mode, you can start adding videos and photos, but also other types of media files with a simple selection.
- Select one file you wish to hide;
- Select the Overflow menu button;
- Select the Move to private option;
- Feel free to set up a private album or folder and better organize the files you’re hiding.
To Lock Invisible Pictures In Private Mode On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
When the selection is over and everything is well organized, leaving the Private Mode is just as easy as disabling it from the Quick Settings menu. Swipe down from the top to the bottom of the display to extend that menu and simply tap the Private Mode icon to deactivate it. Starting from now, it will be as if the files you’ve locked within the private mode are invisible on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, as long as the Private Mode is disabled. That’s how you hide pictures the super-easy way!